- Tech Portfolio
Vincent W. Zheng is a research scientist at ADSC. He received his Ph.D degree in Hong Kong University of Science and Technology at 2010, with the thesis topic of mobile computing and sensor data mining. He is currently involved with the Augmented Reality Information Search Engine (ARISE) project in ADSC, led by Prof. Kevin Chang from UIUC and Prof. Hady Lauw from SMU. The research goal is to provide an information service platform that can automatically find from the Web and integrate the real-world entity information (such as restaurants and people), so that we can enable various augmented reality applications. His recent research interests mainly focus on fuzzy information extraction (IE) from the general Web data, and designing probabilistic graphical models to address its related challenges.
Research Interests: Information retrieval, sequential-temporal data mining, ubiquitous computing, and location-based services
Publications and Patents:
- User-dependent Aspect Model for Collaborative Activity Recognition.
Vincent W. Zheng and Qiang Yang.
In Proc. of the 22nd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-11). Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, July 16-22, 2011.
- Collaborative Filtering Meets Mobile Recommendation: A User-centered Approach.
Vincent W. Zheng, Bin Cao, Yu Zheng, Xing Xie and Qiang Yang.
In Proc. of the 24th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-10). Atlanta, Georgia, USA, July 11-15, 2010.
- Collaborative Location and Activity Recommendations with GPS History Data.
Vincent W. Zheng, Yu Zheng, Xing Xie and Qiang Yang.
In Proc. of the 19th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW-10). Raleigh, NC, USA, April 26-30, 2010.
- Indoor Localization in Multi-Floor Environments with Reduced Effort.
Huayan Wang, Vincent W. Zheng, Junhui Zhao and Qiang Yang.
In Proc. of the 8th Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom-10), Mannheim, Germany, March 30-April 2, 2010.
- Cross-Domain Activity Recognition.
Vincent W. Zheng, Derek H. Hu and Qiang Yang.
In Proc. of the 11th ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing (Ubicomp-09), pages 61-70. Orlando, Florida, USA, Sept. 30-Oct. 3, 2009.
- Abnormal Activity Recognition based on HDP-HMM Models.
Derek H. Hu, Xian-Xing Zhang, Jie Yin, Vincent W. Zheng and Qiang Yang.
In Proc. of the 21st International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-09), pages 1715-1720, Pasadena, CA, USA, July 11-17, 2009.
- Real World Activity Recognition with Multiple Goals.
Derek H. Hu, Sinno J. Pan, Vincent W. Zheng, Nathan N. Liu and Qiang Yang.
In Proc. of the 10th ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing (Ubicomp-08), pages 30-39, Seoul, South Korea, Sept. 2008.
- Transferring Localization Models Over Time.
Vincent W. Zheng, Evan W. Xiang, Qiang Yang and Dou Shen.
In Proc. of the 23rd AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-08), pages 1421-1426, Chicago, Illinois, USA, July 2008.
- Transferring Multi-device Localization Models using Latent Multi-task Learning.
Vincent W. Zheng, Sinno J. Pan, Qiang Yang and Jeffrey J. Pan.
In Proc. of the 23rd AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-08), pages 1427-1432, Chicago, Illinois, USA, July 2008.
- Domain-Constrained Semi-Supervised Mining of Tracking Models in Sensor Networks.
Rong Pan, Junhui Zhao, Vincent W. Zheng, Jeffrey J. Pan, Dou Shen, Sinno J. Pan and Qiang Yang.
In Proc. of the 13th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD-07), pages 1023-1027, San Jose, CA, USA, Aug 12-15, 2007. [Industrial paper]
- A Joint Power Control, Link Scheduling and Rate Control Algorithm for Wireless Ad hoc Networks.
Vincent W. Zheng, Xinming Zhang, Daoke Liu and Dan Keun Sung.
In Proc. of IEEE Wireless Communications Networking Conference (WCNC-07), pages 3636-3640, Hong Kong, March 2007.
- Cross-Domain Activity Recognition via Transfer Learning.
Derek H. Hu, Vincent W. Zheng and Qiang Yang.
In Journal of Pervasive and Mobile Computing, vol. 7, no. 3, pages 344-358, June 2011.
- Multi-Task Learning for Cross-Platform siRNA Efficacy Prediction: An In-silico Study.
Qi Liu, Qian Xu, Vincent W. Zheng, Hong Xue, Zhiwei Cao and Qiang Yang.
In BMC Bioinformatics, 11:181, 2010.
- Estimating Location Using Wi-Fi.
Qiang Yang, Sinno J. Pan and Vincent W. Zheng.
In IEEE Intelligent Systems, vol. 23, no.1, pages 8-13, Jan/Feb, 2008.
- Joint Multicast Routing Protocol Based on Traffic Prediction for Mobile Ad hoc Networks.
Guozheng Gan, Xinming Zhang, Qiong Liu and Wenchen Zheng.
In Computer Engineering (Chinese), vol. 33, August 2007.
- Advanced Information Feedback in Intelligent Traffic Systems.
Wenxu Wang, Binghong Wang, Wenchen Zheng, Chuanyang Yin, and Tao Zhou.
In Physical Review E., Journal of the American Physical Society, vol. 72, page 066702, Dec. 2005.
- Transfer Learning by Reusing Structured Knowledge.
Qiang Yang, Vincent W. Zheng, Bin Li and Hankz H. Zhuo.
In AI Magazine, vol. 32, no. 2, pages 95-106, 2011.
- Joint Learning User's Activities and Profiles from GPS Data.
Vincent W. Zheng, Yu Zheng and Qiang Yang.
In Proc. of ACM GIS Workshop on Location-based Social Networking Services, pages 17-20, Seattle, USA, Nov. 2009.
- HIPS: A Calibration-less Hybrid Indoor Positioning System Using Heterogeneous Sensors.
Vincent W. Zheng, Junhui Zhao, Yongcai Wang and Qiang Yang.
In Proc. of IEEE PerCom-09 Workshop on Intelligent Pervasive Devices, pages 1-6, Galveston, Texas, USA, March 2009.
- Transfer Learning for WiFi-based Indoor Localization.
Sinno J. Pan, Vincent W. Zheng, Qiang Yang and Derek H. Hu.
In Proc. of AAAI-08 Workshop on Transfer Learning for Complex Task. Chicago, Illinois, USA, July 2008.
- Digital Wall: A Power-efficient Solution for Location-based Data Sharing.
Jeffrey J. Pan, Sinno J. Pan, Vincent W. Zheng and Qiang Yang.
In Proc. of IEEE PerCom-08 Workshop on Power-Aware Pervasive Devices, pages 645-650, Hong Kong, March 2008.
- Activity Recognition from Trajectory Data.
Yin Zhu, Vincent W. Zheng and Qiang Yang.
In Computing with Spatial Trajectories. Yu Zheng and Xiaofang Zhou (eds.), Chapter 6, Springer Press, Nov. 2011.
- Transfer Learning and Its Application for WiFi Localization Problems.
Sinno J. Pan, Vincent W. Zheng and Qiang Yang.
In Machine Learning and Applications. Zhi-Hua Zhou and Jue Wang (eds.), Chapter 3, Tsinghua University Press, 2009.
- Collaborative Location and Activity Recommendations
US Patent. MS329247.01, MS1-4950US, 2010.
- Phone-based Activity Recognition and Profiling for Health Monitoring
- Campus-scale Location and Activity Recognition in WiFi Environment
- IceBreaker: Location-based Social Network in Outdoor Environment (with Final Year Project students at HKUST, 2008-2009)
- NeverLost: Real-Time User Tracking and Distance Alarming (with Final Year Project students at HKUST, 2007-2008)
- Program Committee of AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2010
- Program Committee of the 1st IEEE ICDM Data Mining (ICDM) Contest, 2007
- Reviewer for KDD, IJCAI, AAAI, UbiComp, WSDM, WWW, CIKM, ICDM, SDM, ICML, JMLR, ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology, IEEE Intelligence System