Research Interests: Audio/Video streaming, peer-to-peer streaming, networked virtual environments, online games, distributed algorithms, and algorithmic game theory
Supporting Quality of Service for Immersive Telepresence Applications
- Ph.D. National University of Singapore, 2012
- M.E. Tsinghua University, 2006
- B.E. Beihang University, 2003
Ke Liang has gained extensive programming experience when he worked as a Software Engineer at Mozat and Garena in Singapore during 2011-2012. He was in charge of designing and developing server platforms for mobile users, which handles hundreds of thousands of concurrent users, and high-volume high-velocity, and high-variety data with a blinding speed. He was a research assistant under Prof. Roger Zimmermann when he was finishing his Ph.D. thesis in National University of Singapore (NUS). He also worked as a teaching assistant of C/C++ programming and algorithm design courses in NUS to give tutorials to undergraduates. He worked as an intern at Microsoft Research Asia when he was pursuing his Master degree at Tsinghua University.
Publications and Patents:
- Ke Liang, Beomjoo, Seo, Roger Zimmermann. “IDM: An Indirection Dissemination Mechanism for Spatial Audio Interaction in Networked Virtual Environments”. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), 2012.
- Ke Liang, Roger Zimmermann, Wei Tsang Ooi. “Peer-assisted Texture Streaming in Metaverses”. The 19th ACM International Multimedia Conference (ACM MM’11, long paper), Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, Nov 28 – Dec 1, 2011.
- Ke Liang, Roger Zimmermann. “Maximizing system reachability for P2P-based interactive audio spatial audio applications in networked virtual environments”. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), Barcelona, Spain, 2011.
- Ke Liang, Roger Zimmermann. “Cross-tree adjustment for spatialized audio streaming over networked virtual environments”. The 19th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV’09), Williamsburg, Virginia, USA. June 3-5, 2009.
- Roger Zimmermann, Ke Liang. “Spatialized audio streaming for networked virtual environments”. The 16th ACM International Multimedia Conference (ACM MM’08, long paper), Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2008.
- Lifeng Sun, Ke Liang, Shiqiang Yang, Yuzhuo Zhong. “Optimization of system performance for DVC applications with energy constraints over Ad Hoc networks”. The 13th International Multi-Media Modelling Conferenece (MMM’07), Singapore, 2007
- Lifeng Sun, Ke Liang, Juntao Ouyang, Yuzhuo Zhong. “An Energy-Aware Cooperative Distributed Video Coding Scheme for Ad Hoc Video Sensor Network”. Chinese Journal of Electronics, vol 16, part 3, pages 379-384, 2007.
- Ke Liang, Lifeng Sun, Yuzhuo Zhong. “An energy-aware MCI-load schedule strategy for distributed video coding over ad-Hoc networks”. IEEE Proceedings of Picture Coding Symposium (PCS’06), Beijing, China, 2006.
- Ke Liang, Lifeng Sun, Yuzhuo Zhong. “Adaptive distributed video coding for video applications in ad-hoc networks”. IEEE Pacific-Rim Conference on Multimedia (PCM’05), Jeju, Korea, 2005.
- Ke Liang, Zaoyang Gong, Changxi Zheng, Guobin Shen. “MoViF: A low power consumption live video multicasting framework over ad-hoc networks with terminal collaboration”. IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing and Communication System (ISPACS’05). Hong Kong, China, 2005.
- Ke Liang, Lifeng Sun, Yuzhuo Zhong. “ADVC: A new distributed video coding framework for low-rate applications over ad-hoc networks”. National Conference on Multimedia Technology, Kunmin, China, 2005.
- Yixin Yang, Lifeng Sun, Ke Liang, Yuzhuo Zhong, Shiqiang Yang. “Energy-efficient cross-layer rate allocation for multi-source streaming over Ad Hoc networks”. IEEE Multiconference on Computational Engineering in Systems Applications, 2006.
- Juntao Ouyang, Lifeng Sun, Ke Liang, Shiqiang Yang. “Scenario-adaptive rate allocation for multi-source video streaming over Ad Hoc networks”. IEEE Multiconference on Computational Engineering in Systems Applications (CESA’06).
- Yixin Yang, Lifeng Sun, Ke Liang, Yuzhuo Zhong. “Cross-layer optimization for multi-camera streaming over Ad Hoc networks”. Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications (IMSA’06), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 2006.