Research Interests: Cyber-physical systems, Smart Grid, embedded computing systems, sensor fusion algorithms, wireless network modelling/protocol design in wireless sensor networks, design methodology for energy-efficient sensor platforms
- Ph.D., Engineering and Applied Science, Yale University, 2010
- M.S., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, 2005
- B.S., Radio Communication Science and Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, 2002
- Postdoctoral Associate, Electrical Engineering and Yale Climate and Energy Institute, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA, Jan.–Aug. 2011.
- Researcher, Center of National Internet Infrastructure, National Computerization Agency (NCA), Seoul, Korea, Jan.-Aug. 2003.
Publications and Patents:
- Deokwoo Jung and Andreas Savvides, "Estimating Building Consumption Breakdowns using ON/OFF State Sensing and Incremental Sub-Meter Deployment," Proceedings of the 8th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys 2010), Nov. 2010.
- T. Teixeira, Deokwoo Jung, and A. Savvides, "Networked CCTV Cameras and Mobile Phones to Identify and Localize Multiple People," Proceedings of 12th ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing (UBICOMP 2010), Copenhagen, Denmark, Sept. 2010. (1 of 5 Best Paper Award Nominees)
- Deokwoo Jung, Thiago Teixeira, and Andreas Savvides, "Toward Cooperative Localization of Wearable Sensors using Accelerometer and Camera," Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, San Diego, Mar. 2010.
- Thiago Teixeira, Deokwoo Jung, and Andreas Savvides, "PEM-ID: Identiﬁcation and Localization by Proprio-Extero Matching," Proceedings of IEEE/ACM International Conference on Distributed Smart Cameras (ICDSC), June 2009.
- Thiago Teixeira, Deokwoo Jung, and Andreas Savvides, "Activity Recognition through Position and Arm-Pose Measurements," Proceedings of IEEE/ACM International Conference on Distributed Smart Cameras (ICDSC), June 2009.
- Thiago Teixeira, Deokwoo Jung, and Andreas Savvides, "Identifying People in Camera Networks Using Wearable Accelerometers," Proceedings of IEEE/ACM Pervasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments (PETRA), Feb. 2009.
- Deokwoo Jung, Thiago Teixeira, and Andreas Savvides, "An Energy Eﬃciency Evaluation for Sensor Nodes with Multiple Processors, Radios and Sensors," Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, April 2008.
- Deokwoo Jung, Thiago Teixeira, and Andreas Savvides, "Model-Based Design Exploration of Wireless Sensor Node Lifetimes," European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN), August 2006.
- Deokwoo Jung and Andreas Savvides, "Node Lifetime Analysis: Models and Tools," ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, vol. 5, issue 1, Feb. 2009.
- R. Andrew Swartz, Deokwoo Jung, Jerome P. Lynch, and Yang Wang, "Design of a Wireless Sensor for Scalable Distributed In-Network Computation in a Structural Health Monitoring System," Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring, Aug. 2005.
- Deokwoo Jung, Athanasios Bamis, and Andreas Savvides, "Reliable State Transition Detection in Off-the-Shelf Low Frequency Electric Meters," Proceedings of the 3rd ACM Workshop on Embedded Sensing Systems for Energy-Efficiency In Buildings (BuildSys 2011), Nov. 2011.
- Deokwoo Jung, Thiago Teixeira, and Andreas Savvides, "AC-Sense: Mobile Phone Localization System via Cooperative Sensing with Accelerometers and Cameras," ENALAB Technical Report-090605, Yale University, Sept. 2009.
- Deokwoo Jung, A. Barton-Sweeney, and Andreas Savvides, "iMote2 Node and Enalab Camera Module Power Measurements," ENALAB Technical Report-090601, Yale University, Nov. 2006.
- Deokwoo Jung and Andreas Savvides, "Consumption Breakdown Monitoring Through Power State Sensing," U.S. Patent Pending, 2011.